Friday, March 28, 2014

Every Day is a Holiday

Every day is a holiday... I had no idea! While watching a segment on the Today Show I learned that every day has a holiday. It seems a bit absurd and extremely unnecessary to celebrate “black forest cake day” which happens to be today or “bring your teddy bear to work or school day” which is October 8 however I was intrigued. It feels like something John and I could get into. One day last week I felt like I did not get to spend any time with John, which sounds silly since I stay home with him but after working a few hours, visiting a friend and cleaning the house he was in bed before we really did anything fun. I laid awake thinking I am going to try to do something fun each day with him; why not I stay home and have the time, or should make the time if I just put down my phone/computer for fifteen minutes. I got started the next day and took him to the park. We have also played trains at Barnes and Noble (I did spend a bit of time on my phone but hey we went) and blew bubbles in his bedroom. Well after watching this segment it seems like a unique challenge to celebrate holidays each day. I’m not foolish enough to think we will do this every day but something to strive for when we are bored with trains and bubbles. We will not be starting today because I don’t have the will to whip up a black forest cake but tomorrow is “smoke and mirrors” day so I am happy to try a little magic. There are three other “holidays” tomorrow which gives us options rather than being forced to celebrate something of little interest like “lemon chiffon cake day” also celebrated tomorrow because honestly I am not making fancy food every day. 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea to celebrate a holiday each day. Good for you Angela! XO

    ReplyDelete