Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend Spent Up North

John and I traveled up north Thursday night with my parents, in anticipation of Kevin and Murphy coming on Saturday. Unfortunately Kevin was caught up with a femur fracture and waiting for a surgical plate to arrive. After a seven hour surgery and two dogs in the hospital he was not able to join us; he was missed greatly.

Friday we hung out around the cabin, took naps, and headed into town for a park visit. John wanted so badly to slide down the slide but couldn't gain the courage to go down. He ended up pushing Nonna down and watching with much excitement up top. After watching her journey down, he still did not feel comfortable going down solo so Nonna and John went together. We celebrated the slide victory with ice cream at Mad Dog Jakes!




Everyone (Michelle, Scott, Cohen, Sean, Asher, Theo and Joe) arrived Friday night after we were asleep so we caught up with the group on Saturday am, Michelle's birthday. Michelle, Scott, the kids and I went to Scott's parents cabin and biking on the trails. John and I have never biked up north and were really glad we joined, so much fun. After biking we headed home for our annual Memorial Day party and Michelle and Theo's birthday celebration. Happy birthday Michelle and Theo!





Sunday, Nonna and Papa watched the five boys while we golfed nine at Trout Lake with drinks in their screened in porch afterwards. We then headed back to the cabin to prepare for bingo at the Legion. Dad and I both ended up winning one game each. John was so good during bingo, I was so proud. When we got home it was bed for all.


Monday was the trek back home. While packing up I was placing bags by the front door for my Dad to bring to the car... John took an empty Sprite box and placed his two most prized possessions, Ahme (his blankie that he named) and Winnie the Pooh in the box and placed by the front door. John makes me so happy.

Once home and reacquainted with Kevin and Murphy we headed to Culvers for ice cream and spent some time outdoors. What a great Memorial Day weekend!



2 comments: