Friday, May 24, 2013

Thankful for John.


I wanted to post an update on John and his lack of sleep (caused by a sensitivity to milk) but first checked out several blogs.  After reading a post, it reminded me how thankful I can be that John’s biggest concern this week is his milk sensitivity. I have a healthy, beautiful son who needs a little more TLC during this time but he’s healthy and I am thankful for that. Kevin and I had “big plans” last night: dinner on the couch with an episode of Criminal Minds while John had other plans - loud screeches of what conveyed terrible pain. After many failed attempts I was lost on how to console him and decided we needed a walk outside. I am not sure why at 8:30pm, I needed to take him out, but it seemed like the right place maybe because we live in an apartment complex and he can screech loudly or maybe I needed the fresh air. Our night didn’t go as planned, we are still adjusting to parenthood but Criminal Minds can happen tonight and John ended the night content and ready for bed, which allowed me to relax knowing he was comfortable. 

Our new journey starts with me giving up dairy and John’s doctor said the medicine should kick in in two weeks... until then we will do what it takes to make John comfortable and I will continue to remember how lucky we are to have a healthy son. 








4 comments:

  1. Poor little John! It will all be better soon! John's medicine will work and you will give up the dairy and it will be better. Love the pics! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that picture in the green hat looks like a colicky baby!

    Uncle Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missing John and looking forward to giving him lots of hugs and kisses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After Silas was born we use DVR all the time. One time it took us 4 hours to get through an 1 1/2 movie. I can totally relate how the little things like dinner and a show is the most exciting thing going on! I also understand how once your little baby is comfortable you are too. Silas has had a milk allergy since he was 2 weeks old. Because of the blood in his stool I stopped breastfeeding and changed to Nutramigen by Enfamil. It made a difference within hours and now that is all he drinks. We'll try to put him on Soy once he turns 1 years old. I just wanted to share our experience and let you know you're not alone. I am thankful for a healthy baby too but knowing that other parent's out there are frustrated from the crying makes me feel not so alone :) Just keep snuggling with him!

    ReplyDelete